Monday, March 3, 2014

DIY ballerina/tutu invitation



For my daughters first birthday we hosted a ballerina/tutu theme party. I fell in love with these invitation and was thinking about purchasing them on etsy.com, but they are so pricey and I needed about 50 invitations, so I decided to make them. I will note what you need and the steps on how to make these beautiful invitation. You can use these invitations for babyshower, birthday parties, and bridal shower.

Supplies you will need:
*Scissors
*Hot glue gun
*Cardstock paper (I bought mines at Michaels for $3.33. It was in a packet of different  pink colors of cardstock paper)
* White pearl self adhesive stickers (I bought mines at ebay.com for $3.50. It had 400 pearls in one sheet size 4mm. I tired Michaels, however, the size that they had was 8mm for 10 stickers pricing at $2.99)
*Tulle fabric (The fabric that i used had glitter. It was $14.99 at a local fabric store around my neighborhood)

Here is the template I used 








*I copied and pasted this image on Microsoft word and set the page setup, landscape, so that I can make 2 invitations in 1 sheet




*Now add your information for the invitation
*Once you are done adding the information of the event, you can print one copy on a regular paper to view your work and just in case you need to make changes. Once you have made the final touches you are ready to print.




Now you are ready to cut

















After you finish cutting, you may take a break or go right ahead and add the pearls around the neck area. I only added 7 pearls on each invitation. You may add as many as you want.

The last and final step was hard for me, which was the TUTU. I had no clue how I was going to do this and it took me time to figure something out, but I am happy how they came out. What I did was cut 1 1/2 inch wide and 6 inches long of tulle fabric. Then I grab two of the cut tulle fabric, place them together, made made a mini fan. When I was done folding the tulle fabric as a fan, I grab the tip and sewed it (make sure you get all the fabric that is on the tip so that you will not have loose pieces hanging out. Once you done sewing, grab your hot glue on and place some hot glue on the tulle fabric that is sewed and stick as a skirt for the invitation. 

                                                            This is how mines turn out.


I hope this information was helpful!
Enjoy





6 comments:

  1. This is beautiful...I appreciate you sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What program can I use for apple macbook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late reply, do you have Microsoft office for mac installed in your macbook? If so, you can use the Microsoft word. I'm not to familiar with Mac programs

      Delete
  3. What program can I use for apple macbook

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't add word into the template after i copies and pasted from your template. is there a specific way to do it?

    ReplyDelete